I don’t know about you guys, but I hoard patterns like they’re going extinct. I even love to find vintage treasures once in a while. But I also love the PURGE, cleaning out patterns I don’t need to make room for new. I could recycle those old patterns in the bin with the rest, but here’s something much more creative and lovely!
Materials and instructions on how to make DIY Paper Flowers
Sewing Patterns, Ruler, Scissors, 24-gauge floral wire, Skewers (optional)
1. Stack 10 sheets of sewing patterns cut to 10″ square
2. Fold 1-inch wide sections of the stack, working into an accordion fold
3. and 4. Pinch, loop, and secure a 12-inch length of wire around the middle of the folded pieces. Round the edges using sharp scissors
5. Carefully unfold the layers of paper, fanning into a round bloom
6. A few gentle scrunches of the bloom will create the round “hydrangea” look that you want
7. If you will be arranging the flowers in a big bouquet using floral foam, wrap the remaining wire around a skewer. You can wrap up to three blooms around one skewers
Ta-da! And there you have it, a bouquet of stunning paper flowers!
Check out the rest of the article and more gorgeous pictures over at Wedding Chicks!